ANTI-BULLYING POLICY STATEMENT
Bathgate Thistle Community Football Club is fully committed to safeguarding the wellbeing of all children in its care. We understand that children’s wellbeing can be seriously impacted by bullying behaviour. The Scottish Youth FA therefore recognises the information provided for children by respectme, Scotland’s Anti-Bullying Service: ‘Bullying is never acceptable; it doesn’t make a child better or stronger to get through it and it should never be seen as a normal part of growing up. Bullying is a behaviour that can make a child feel frightened, threatened, left out and hurt. Something only has to happen once to make a child feel worried or scared to go to school or other places they enjoy going’.
For the purposes of this policy a child is recognised as someone under the age of 18 years. This policy applies to all children regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion, socio-economic status or family circumstance.
Bathgate Thistle Community Football Club will:
· Respect the rights of children as paramount.
· Work together to develop positive relationships amongst children and adults which are mutually respectful, responsible and trusting; and promote their emotional health and wellbeing.
· Seek to prevent, reduce and respond effectively to bullying behaviour, through the implementation of this policy and guidelines.
· Require members of staff and officials to adopt and abide by this policy.
· Train, support and supervise its members of staff and officials to adopt best practice to prevent, reduce and respond to bullying.
· Address the needs of children who are bullied as well as those who bully within a framework of respect, responsibility, resolution and support.
· Respond to any concerns raised either in the experiences of children of poor practice/misconduct or abuse caused by an adult’s bullying behaviour.
· Highlight bullying based on prejudice and perceived differences, to ensure our practices are effective in dealing with these issues.
· Regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of this policy and guidelines and include children’s views in this process.
This Policy and guidelines will be regularly reviewed and will include children’s participation and feedback on the content and actual experience of implementation as part of the review:
· In accordance with changes in guidance on anti-bullying or following any changes within the Scottish Youth FA.
· Following any issue or concern raised about bullying within the Scottish Youth FA. Issue No 1 Page 5 SYFA Limited 30 June 2017
· In all other circumstances, at least every three years.
Bathgate Thistle Community Football Club